We are very much looking forward to welcoming the children and parents from Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 back to school next week. Staff have been working incredibly hard over the last few weeks to ensure the school is prepared for our reopening and I wanted to write to you today to reassure you that the children will love being back. They will settle back into a routine and they will be taught to the same high standard as they always have been.
Being back in school will be different for us all. We must come together over the coming weeks to make this work. Please ask us questions and bare with us for the first week as there may be queues and things may be slower.
Please watch the short PowerPoint presentation above and read the guidance below to help you prepare for returning and make sure that your child is aware of the changes too. We will of course be speaking with the children about all these things when they arrive in school.
- Monday 15th June – Children in Phoenix, Year 6 and Reception return.
- Tuesday 16th June – Children in Nursery and Year 1 return.
- Full school uniform must be worn.
- Reception will enter through the Reception gate.
- Nursery, Year 1 and Year 6 will enter through the Burnham Road entrance.
- Children in Phoenix will arrive at the offsite Stamford Road building.
- The Stamford Road gate will be for exit only.
- Please follow the one- way route around the school.
- Reception and Nursery will be based in their classrooms.
- Year 1 will be in the year 2 and year 5 classrooms.
- Year 6 will enter through the year 3 door (left of the main school office).
- The children in the Key Worker groups will enter through the Year 4 doors by the Art and Music room.
- There will be marshals on hand to guide you.
- Only one parent allowed on site.
- Packed lunches in plastic bags.
- No school book bags, pencil cases, water bottles (we have disposable cups).
- Wherever possible, please take your child’s temperature before leaving the house each day.
- Please use the sanitizer stations at entrance and exit points.
- If dropping off by car, please do not park on the pavement- it will block the pathway into the school.
- There is no school on Fridays for children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 or Year 6; only children of Keyworkers.
You may have other questions. If so, please do not hesitate to contact us via the school office using email or phone. I am happy to answer any questions you have for me directly.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.
Have a great end to the week,