Today, using the following ingredients and method, 4J prepared gingerbread ready for our school fete. Make sure you come along to buy some for only one token!!
350g plain flour
½ tbsp bicarb of soda
½ tbsp ground ginger
140g soft dark brown sugar
4tbsp golden syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and grease baking sheets.
2. Place the flour, bicarb, and ginger in a bowl.
3. Mix well and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the sugar.
5. Warm the golden syrup in a pan, then add to the dry ingredients.
6. Crack and beat the egg.
7. Add the egg to the mixture and knead well.
8. Roll out to 6mm thickness and cut out the biscuits using cookie cutters.
9. Bake for 10 mins till golden brown.
10. Decorate using icing sugar if desired.