The Daily Supported Reading Programme is a program to move all children on in their reading. At Phoenix, we have adapted this program to suit the individual needs of our learners.
A short two step video of Mrs Livemore (ARP Lead) and a year one pupil (pre-verbal) below.
- One-to-one word and sound recognition by pointing to words (one-to-one correspondence)
- Turning pages
- Reading from left to right
- Visual and sound recognition (naming the objects in pictures)
- Hand over hand for one-to-one word and sound correspondence
- Adult sitting behind pupil for hand over hand technique to take place